In direct response to customer’s requests, Dexter + Chaney has enhanced the service management capabilities in Spectrum Version 13. The updates aim to support mechanical, HVAC, electrical and plumbing contractors’ unique business processes and workflow.
“We’re very excited that these updates will make it easier and more profitable for those clients – most of whom have been with us for years – to operate and manage their busy companies,” said John Chaney, co-founder and president.
Version 13 boasts new levels of functionality with key updates to the Work Order and Service Contract modules, including:
- A work order that may be billed more than once for ongoing service calls and that can remain open to track all expenses of a job;
- A service contract that allows contractors to defer and recognize revenue as needed;
- A customizable work order processing screen that can be tailored to the needs of individual technicians;
- A streamlined service contract module that makes setup and maintenance, easier and less time consuming, and;
- A streamlined workflow that enables every process from the initial customer call to dispatching and parts purchasing through final billing, all in a single screen for rapid customer service and billing.
What’s more important is the additional levels of integration between Spectrum’s modules. Spectrum integrates service management with it’s project management and accounting modules. An integrated system improves efficiency across an organization, mitigates risks and errors, reduces double entry and overall eliminates a lot of guesswork. During a down economy, securing these gains is mission critical.