Software Advice has teamed up with the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) to promote the 2013 CODiE Awards. The first-round judging period will soon be underway, but there are several judging assignments still available.
Don’t miss this chance to participate in one of the most respected awards programs in the software industry. Sign up now if you have experience in one of the following categories:
- Best Business Intelligence/Analytics Solution
- Best Cloud Application Service
- Best Cloud Management Solution
- Best Cloud Platform as a Service
- Best Cloud Storage & Back Up Solution
- Best Commerce Solution
- Best Financial Management Solution
- Best Human Capital/Talent Management Solution
- Best Integration Solution
- Best Marketing Automation Solution
- Best Monetization Solution
- Best Open Source Innovation
- Best Security Solution
- Best Supply Chain Management Solution
- Best SEO Solution
- Best Systems Management Solution
What are the CODiE Awards?
Started in 1986, the CODiE Awards have become one of the most respected awards programs in the software industry. Since then, more than 1,000 companies have been recognized for their innovation, vision and industry impact. Nominated products are evaluated by industry peers, providing market validation for a product’s quality.
How Does It Work?
The CODiE Awards nomination period closed on October 19th, and products were nominated for 29 different software categories. The first judging period is now underway and will run until February 15th.
During this time, two judges will be assigned to each category, and they will evaluate no more than five products in that category. Judges come from a variety of roles–executives, analysts, media professionals, investors and some customers–and must have proven experience in the category they would like to review.
On February 1st, nominated companies will deliver product demonstrations to judges–either live or recorded–that focus on criteria developed by the SIIA. They will also provide judges with access to their products. Judges’ evaluations will be due by February 15th, which include a completed scoring survey based on category-specific criteria (selected by the SIIA). Example criteria include:
- Ease of use
- Functionality of key attributes
- Impact of cost on deployment
- Reporting and analysis of data
- Overall performance (e.g., speed, security and reliability)
After the initial round of judging is complete and finalists are announced, SIIA members will then vote for what they believe to be the best product in each category. This second round of judging lasts until April 5th. Winners will be announced at the “All About the Cloud” conference in San Francisco on May 8, 2013.
For more information about the awards and to apply as a judge, visit: http://www.siia.net/codies/2013/judging.asp.